Thursday, November 3, 2011

Studio Pigsty


These last two weeks have been more or less only artwork as I work towards meeting a self-imposed dead-line. The dead-line had a most tasty carrot - my bookstore agreeing to sell (on commission) some of my illustrations. Hooray!
Really it was about time that I asked. Previously I had moaned about all the comments people were giving to another illustrator's work displayed there.
I whinged to my boss who bluntly said "Well, she got her finger out and did those. Where's yours?" My inner whinge bag procrastinator needed that slap. And so here I am, ready to pop my own work onto a wall. It will be interesting since I will obviously hear some comments, not all positive, but a great opportunity to learn more and, hopefully sell some of my work.
I gave this blog that particular title because I wanted to show you the area I work in. I might add, I don't normally wear a hat, but had been out and come home and headed straight down to work. I am a shocker at working in whatever clothes- good or bad I am wearing when the urge to create takes me( about the time the dishes need doing)
I am tremendously lucky to have a studio under our house. It is also our storage area. Growing up,my Mum always said my room was a pigsty. As shown by my picture, it still is. I know other people are very tidy and neat. I tend to think in circles and fragments and am not very ordered. I have had to learn to be a bit practical to manage a home, work and family, but in my studio, I get to let my inner slob be herself- I never loose things and I produce good stuff during happy hours of play/work. It gets a furious tidy after each session of projects. In the meantime, I love my sty as it is- a creative chaos with me as it's mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment