Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Education

In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie, to his great delight is shown with the other children into the heart of the Wonka factory, that delightful garden of treats. In Natalie and the Story Factory, Natalie walks into a book version of the same thing and is equally overcome in a good way.
Working in a gorgeous shop surrounded by books is not a bad way to spend your working day!I have certainly landed on my feet, though both of them are quite sore.I forgot how hard standing up all day can be and these pins aren't getting any younger! I am getting used to it though and haven't fallen asleep in my dinner for at least four days.
Old age aside, my new job , though busy, is great fun. I am really happy to have been assigned the children's section and look forward to getting better acquainted with the 2600 books I have yet to read. What a labour of love eh?! Hence I am madly reading everything I can get my hands on to sort the chaff from the grain. At our store we can put up book reviews, so what grains I come across, I have great pleasure in writing up a little review for. I have warned my shop manager that I may plaster the place in them. But of course it's hard not to share a great read.
All in all, I have begun what I feel is a most excellent education in the art of great writing, and better still I get paid to do this course!

1 comment: