Thursday, August 26, 2010

Berkelouw Books

I am very excited to announce I will soon be working at the new Berkelouw Bookstore in Cronulla. Yes, somehow the manager kindly overlooked my excited ramblings at the interview and gave me the job. Hooray!The sound of corks popping!

Okay, so now, somehow, I have to survive being completely surrounded by books, lovely stationery and artwork, helping with author events and tripling my reading time. As they say, it's a tough job but some body's gotta do it. Ooh, pick me, pick me!

Ahem, if I can just stop jumping up and down for a sec, I also have to add that I will certainly continue to write and that I am really excited about the prospect of what an education this will give me as a writer: seeing what's out there, seeing what sells and getting to read more can only help. Not to mention meeting new people and seeing what people love to read.

Thankyou Universe!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh congratulations! I am very jealous! What a lovely place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE browsing in Berkelouw Cronulla, what a place to work! Try not to spend all your wages on their lovely goodies.. (Visiting over from Kristen Doran's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, coming home with any wages is nigh on impossible. It explains the mixed emotion on my husbands face when I announced I got the job- happiness....and alarm!

    ReplyDelete