Sunday, August 28, 2011

Reading Books Via Video


This week, via video link-up I got to speak to hundred of children around NSW, for Book Week. I got to pretend I was real author and read my book and answer questions to 11 different schools. Thought a bit nerve-wracking, I thought I was doing a dignified job until, suddenly I had to join with the other author to do a rendition of 'The Wheels on the Bus', complete with actions. Well, I am not beyond acting like a goose, but I prefer to choose my own moments! In any case, though apparently I laughed a fair bit, I got through it and the children seemed to enjoy having a sing along. This was all done via video link-up using smart-board technology. What a planet-friendly way to visit schools- marvellous! The possibilities of these wonderful tools are endless. The other day for instance, my sons English class got to read through a play with another school, sharing the roles between them. So Cool!
All in all it was a really fun experience and I feel lucky to have had this opportunity. Thanks universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment