Friday, October 30, 2009

Function Disfunction

Well I have The Dress. It took me some time traipsing through my nearest shopping complex/retail rat maze, brain whimpering, but finally I found it. I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I look just like Elle McPherson in it. Taller, different eye colour, airbrushed, everything. Amazing. Even one of my children is called Flynn. Shazam huh?!
So, all there is left for this dinner is to make up a little coloured flyer with some samples of my illustrating work on it. So that way if some nice person says ( upon hearing of amazing talents) "Wow, you'll have to show me your stuff sometime." I can rummage through my handbag and say " Well gosh, look what I happen to have here, No, No, I don't need those extra five copies back. Feel free to give them away." And that is how things happen in my mind; a wonderful land of lollipops and gingerbread houses. In reality things often go wrong with my cunning plans. For instance I was waiting on a friend to introduce me to a local self-published author whose work I admire. When I decided I would attend another dinner function down the coast in a few weeks, I decided to contact this writer and ask her if she'd like to come. This was a great idea for two reasons. I'd finally get to meet her and chat in the car on the way there and I would have company I knew a bit at the dinner. Also I was a bit chicken to drive down at night midweek to an unfamiliar city and find the restaurant, parking etc, by myself. Well, the writer contacted me and she would love to come which is great, but she says not to worry, she will make her own way there! Darn and dang!
Oh well, I will send out a note to the dinner hosts and see if anyone else from my way is going who would like a lift. I believe Markus Zusak is going.............

No comments:

Post a Comment