Friday, January 22, 2010

Keeping Cool with a Cup Half Full

I thoroughly Westfielded myself this morning. I know it's pathetic but the idea of an air conditioned town won out over a scalding beach today. I must have been desperate because i had my children in tow. I had birthday vouchers to spend, God love me. God help me I spent more than that by the time I left. Of course. No excuse except that when department stores take 50% off the already marked down price, even the anti-shopper likes of I get palpitations. I got a lot of stuff that goes with my pink hair. Guess that's why it was still on the racks. I have entered the kingdom of Odd Size Bargains via my hair. I Could never nab a shoe bargain having a common size, nor did it happen much that I fitted a size 6 nor 16. Now, however I can nab all the "only goes with pink hair' bargains. Love it. Guess I'll have to repinkefy myself.
One thing I got today which I love and really needed was a book by Jackie French and Sue deGennaro called 'The Tomorrow Book'. I had noticed my cup has been very Half Empty of late and this was a lovely positive life boost. Now, it is a kid's book by the way. Here's the blurb about the book and it's creators................"both passionate environmentalists, have combined their remarkable abilities to produce an inspiring story about a wonderful tomorrow." Sue used materials and packaging she already had a home so the illustrations contain bits of gorgeous collage. Recommended!
To transform my world from my ears inwards I'm listening to Sawdust by The Killers which I know looks macabre in print but though it's not to make daisy chains by , it pumps energy straight into you- "Clear! Whammo!" Recommended!

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I know Sue. She emailed me the link to the new book and I immediately thought of you and how you would love it.

    ReplyDelete