Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pink Haired Rude Cow

Happy New Year!
I am excited to report that I began the New Year writing away madly, as I have been for the last 5 days or so. It's all novel while the novel is still novel! Of course in spending my waking hours writing I have already proven myself to be a rude cow writing hermit. I was invited over to a neighbours on New Years Eve and I actually crossed the road and everything but then did a u-turn and hurried back to the computer. I'd already had a few problems getting ready as I had dyed my hair (I thought it would be more red however it's pretty much crimson pink, but hey, I like it) to mark the New Year and then discovered it was hard to match with my clothes with things that had been bought for a blonde person....Ahem, anyway, I did get ready and everything but instead found myself simple wanting to keep writing so that's what I ended up doing. Of course I felt really bad, but not bad enough to stop writing. I also skipped most of the following day with other friends so I could continue to write. I apologised profusely on all occasions but I found people really supportive and heard lots of "Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do." I also read the same quote recently somewhere so that is my mantra from the universe at present. While the writing is flowing- I keep going! And I guess at the end of the day, good friends hopefully will understand and support you following your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment