Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Writing in Raspberry

It's been an interesting week, being a pink-haired person. A few pluses of having brightly coloured hair is that sales assistants spot you a mile off and you never have to wait for service. Also it gives you a whole fresh look at your wardrobe eg 'I'm not getting any younger, my hair is hot pink- what can I actually wear today?' Really though, I always enjoyed a decorating challenge. Also if you enjoy psychology, having pink hair gives you an interesting insight into other people. The facial expressions you see! The reactions! All very interesting but really at the end of the day mostly I am like -" Alright now, have a good look and can we then get on with our lives please!" Yeah, I know, what did I expect? Hey, I don't think that far ahead. I will add two more things about brightly coloured hair. One, people seem to be unable to cope with it early in the morning. Two, one of those people may be yourself. When you've had a bad sleep and you are 20 and your hair is wacky, somehow, it all works OK. When you are somewhat older than this, the words "Oh Dear." come to mind when you hit the morning mirror.
I'll leave you with my favourite Thoreau quote of the week- ' ......and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behaviour. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?'

1 comment: