Monday, November 30, 2009

Critiquel Mass

A morning of critiquing today. My critique buddy is a teacher so I get the disturbing notion I am having my homework gone through. Nevertheless it is very helpful having a new set of eyes cast over your work. She herself writes YA Fantasy so i am looking forward to going over her work today. Being essentially immature in spirit, I should be able to tell her what a young adult might think of it too. This may make up for the fact that my ability to spot an adverb at 50 paces is not so flash.
I have just joined up to two book clubs. A classical one for which we are reading 'Chrysalis' which I have to admit I've never even heard of, and a contemporary club for which we are reading ' Echo in the Bone, also unheard of. I guess I have been too busy reading the latest Skulduggery Pleasant and re-reading Fantastic Mr Fox for the 20th time (Coz they are doing a movie of it). It will be good to read some 'grown up' books and talk with grown-ups about it. I just hope they won't be too serious as this is an open invitation to my brain to act in an immature way and try and be funny. Ah well, hopefully I will not be given detention.........
I have now finished my digital media course so am qualified to use Photoshop and Illustrator in a tentative and naive manner. But what a load of fun there is be had with that stuff! For now I will just use it to do such high tech things as make Christmas cards with a photo of my chickens wearing Santa outfits, maybe the dogs with antlers etc. Obviously I am immature on several levels. Silliness runs deep with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment