Friday, November 27, 2009

Table of Contents

Yesterday after dosing myself up with more of Richard Harland's writing tips, I dumped my folder of stories on the dining table and poked through them looking for the silver thread of inspiration I was after. The universe has been giving me small smacks to the back of the head in the direction of fantasy writing (My first love in book genres for many years) and I know I am a dag (term of self endearment) but I just love romantic comedy road trip type books and movies.
So, from the mighty mound I have chosen two things to work on. It may become one, but two will keep me happy in the beginning. The fantasy trilogy which began as an image in my head about five years ago is just a series of images and notes about plot and characters and setting at the moment but I got the sense of meeting up with old friends as I read over my chaotic scribbles. One character I have long had a crush on so it will be rather nice to get involved with him on a regular basis. Any left- over smouldering with him, I can channel into the romantic comedy. Thrift in it's most delightful form!

No comments:

Post a Comment