Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can't See the Tree for the Stupid

Yesterday I amazed even myself with my own stupidity. Having written out my Christmas cards, I had just spent hours telling people (publicly committing myself!)how 2010 was going to be spent on writing. That writing was going to be my priority. I then, with barely a pause, tried to work out how I was going to fit in all these appointments with people, social and other commitments that I had. I then sat down and wondered why I felt glum! Duh! I had to backtrack and reschedule my appointments outside of my planned work hours and also look at which of them really needed to be done at all. I have to say, meeting up with friends is something I will always try to do, but I'm just going to have to make firm times with myself and be realistic. After all, I've known my friends for a while but I've yet to meet my best-seller!

No comments:

Post a Comment