Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Various Nibblies

My critiquing buddy came over the other day. She gave me a large plate full of home-made Rocky Road, a lovely Christmas card and talked about the royalties we'd be getting next year after we were published. You've got to love this woman! I nearly had a sugar aneurysm after she left, but it felt good.

In breaking news, I am now the official minutes secretary of my local sub-branch of the Children's Book Council. I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I hope I can do a few pictures. Also, can minutes be funny? I hope so. I am not a fan of the formal meeting. I can't ever get used to a small bunch of people sitting around seconding things. I keep thinking- "Are we for real?" Anyway, I guess I've got to give the impression of being a grown-up some of the time.

In preparation for the Year of Me Writing my Butt Off, I have hired a De-cluttering person. I was disappointed to learn she doesn't have a wand and we'll be doing it the hard way. But having been haunted by clutter for a long time, I am looking forward to the exorcism. No more being distracted by the debris that seems to gather around the edges of each room. This is going to be a freeing experience that unfortunately is not for free, but hopefully the results are priceless.
Today I am off to Kinokuniya bookstore to buy Christmas presents and meet up with a lovely friend. Hello happiness and goodbye budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment